Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Write about someone who inspires you


I was Matron of Honor in my friend's 1940's-inspired wedding this afternoon. Had fun with my hair and makeup!
Posted by Rebecca May Willison Spencer on Sunday, 20 September 2015

I have lived for a long time on this Earth. I am not sure what is my current age. It is because I actually stopped counting my birthdays since I crossed 30. 
All these years I have met a lot many people. Some of them have had an impression on me. Some of those were good, others not so good. While a lot many of them were just plain awful.
A lot many people inspired me during my learning years of life. Though it is unfortunate to recount that today I do not even waste a second look on those beings. Those then inspiring people turned out to be a mere cracks in the subsequent events of time. 
So, to put numbers to the someone who inspires me has been zilch since a long time. 
But I am glad to mention here that just a few days back I found someone who managed to inspire me.
This is a beautiful lady named Rebecca Spencer who lives in Ohio. She became an acquaintance about 6-7 years ago through my handmadeselling.
Over the years we have not interacted, but I get to know her through Facebook feeds.
She is a porcelain artist and runs her cute vintage etsy shop
All this while, she was just a Facebook acquaintance for me, but her recent posts made me all in awe of her. 
The lady has just discovered that she is suffering from Leukemia ! Adding to her woes is a fact that her mother also suffers from a certain cancer.
Moreover, as far as I recall, she also lost someone near and dear to her in a car crash.
But all this does not weigh down her strong individual self. She continues to share her attempts of fighting the dreadly disease on facebook. Though she continues to share art updates as well along with her daily life updates. 
To my amazement, she also created a Pinterest board on Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. There she pins all the stuff related to the disease. 
I mean who does this kind of stuff. I know if I ever get to be in her position, I too would have done something similar. But to do all this with so much grace and beauty is not my cup of tea.
I am in complete awe of this woman since last couple of weeks. I am glad that I am a privileged facebook acquaintance of her.  
I wish the lady a lot of happiness and love. May she stays the happiest wherever she resides.  It is exciting and inspiring to find such strong souls around.
Lady Spencer, you are the someone who inspires me!


P.S 1: I have posted about Rebecca without her permission, if she does not approve it, I will delete it.
P.S 2: This post is inspired by a pinner, who has deleted content on their blog now.